Through your Qualer portal you can quickly register a new asset and input valuable information associated with it. Below is a detailed guide for helping you register new assets within your portal.
You can register an asset through two of your toolboxes (provided to highlight common workflows): one is found in your asset manager module and the other is located on your company dashboard.
First, begin by accessing your toolbox on the right-hand portion of your screen. Under “Assets” select “Register New Asset”.
Then, you will have a pop-up window that will allow you to select the category and type of asset you are registering. In this case, we will select “Air Flow Meters” for the category and “Anemometer” for the type. There are three main methods to registering an asset:
1. Register a Single Asset- select this when you are only registering one asset at a time.
2. Register Multiple Assets of the Same Type- select this when you are registering multiple of the same asset. Ie. in this case 2 or more Alnor Air Velocity Meter 9870. After selecting the exact product, you will then be able to enter the unique serial numbers associated with each of your air velocity meters.
3. Register System that will Contain Other Assets- select this when registering an asset that is composed of parts that have unique serial numbers, i.e. for a Thermal Cycler, the head and the base of the unit would have unique serial numbers but are associated with the main product.
After selecting the category and type as well as the type of registration you will be doing, you can enter more specific information regarding your asset. Select “Change” to select the specific product you are registering.
Here, you will be able to select the exact asset you are registering. There are three ways to select a product:
1. By Category- this will filter through our database to narrow down to the specific asset you are registering
2. By Manufacturer- allowing you to directly search by the manufacturer of your asset
3. By Name or Part Number- if you know the part number or name of your product you will be able to search by entering that information
Note: If you are registering a product that was recently used, you can easily access it under RECENTLY USED products.
After selecting the model of your asset, click the green “Select” button to update information about your asset.
You will now return to the original screen and should see the updated information regarding your product. Under the “Identification” tab you will also see that your product information has been updated. At this point you may add other information regarding your asset such as a “Serial Number” and “Asset Tag” (both of which are unique to this asset, allowing you to easily search for the asset later). In this case, we will assign “AAAA” as the unique serial number for this product. During this stage, you can also input “asset pool, condition, criticality, and class” information if available (if not you can configure this in your Administration module under “Operation Settings”). If you do not have this information available now, you can edit asset information and input additional information pertaining to your asset later. Select “Save” to move to the next tab.
Here, you will select the location your asset will be found. First, select a “Site” for your asset. If you have registered “Rooms” to that site, then you will be able to choose the specific room the asset will be located. You will also be able to assign a “Custodian” to your asset. Select “Save” once you have inputted the proper information.
Note: After selecting “Save” the remaining tabs (“Lifecycle, Warranty, Service”) will now become accessible to input information.
Select the “Lifecycle” tab. Here you will be able to input information regarding the purchase date of your product as well as the cost. Once you have configured this information we can calculate the depreciation of your product and determine when it is due for replacement or out of service. In order to register an asset this information does not need to be inputted immediately and may be entered later. Once you have completed entering information regarding the lifecycle of your asset, select the “Warranty” tab.
After selecting “Warranty” you will be able to either add a warranty associated with your asset or suppress the warranty alert. Next click “Service” to add more information about your asset.
Under the “Service” tab you will be able to add documents, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) associated with your asset. Additionally, you can also add specifications pertaining to your product. If you do not have any specifications available you are able to create a new one by selecting “New Specification” below.
1. There is already a specification available for your asset.
2. If there is no specification associated with your asset. After selecting “New Specification”, a new window will pop-up allowing you to title and choose the new specifications you would like to set regarding your asset. After entering the proper information select “Save” at the bottom of your screen to complete the process.
For the last step in registering a new asset, you will be prompted select a maintenance plan for your new asset. There are two main scenarios you will encounter here:
1. If maintenance plans have already been configured for your product you will be able to select them from the list below.
2. If no maintenance plan currently exists for your asset you can create one by selecting “Create New Maintenance Plan”. You will be able to name your plan and select its interval. After selecting or creating a maintenance plan for your product select “Ok”.
After completing the registration process, you can use the toolbox to access all your assets. You can search for your asset using either the serial number or asset tag, both of which you could have created during the registration process. In this case we created “AAAA” as our serial number so if we entered that in the search box our asset would be retrieved.
By selecting the serial number, you will be able to retrieve the information regarding to your asset.
In the top left corner you will see an “Edit” button, which will allow you to update or input any information pertaining to your asset that was either entered incorrectly or not entered during the initial registration process.